• Promote the growth of the U3A movement
• Provide support for management and learning in U3As
• Raise the profile of the U3A movement
• Promote the benefits of lifelong learning
• Collect and disseminate the exchange of information and ideas which enable each U3A to run effectively
• Encourage and assist the formation of new U3As.
PURPOSE & POLICIES >
U3A UK HISTORY >
U3A’s point of difference from other organisations for Seniors is our Study Group structure. This enables us to carry out our stated aim:-
"Those that teach shall also learn,
those that learn shall also teach."
by Peter Laslett one of the founders of U3A UK in 1981.
A link is here for the list of ‘Mini talks’ which were presented on 2017 Event day by members of various Auckland U3A groups.
In 2014 this marked the 25th Anniversary of U3A in New Zealand which was celebtrated with a Guest Speaker and Mini Talk presentations by various Auckland U3A. The same formular has been applied to this years "Celebrating U3A 2018" event.
U3A in Action 2014 >
U3A in Action 2016 >
U3A in Action 2017 >